Monday, June 9, 2008

Missouri Trip Photos

Laura Ingalls Wilder's home in Mansfield Missouri. This was a dream come true for me! I love the Little House books!!







The St. Louis Arch. It is truly an amazing piece of architecture!



Here is a "car" like the one we rode up to the top of the arch in. It felt like we were riding inside a dryer!


The view from the top!













Mud Island is located in the middle of the Mississippi River in Memphis. On the island is a scale replica of the Mississippi River. Matthew thought it was pretty cool! Andrew kicked off his shoes and "walked" the entire thing to the "Gulf of Mexico"!





Andrew found out we were traveling near Kennesaw Georgia and just had to stop at the Museum of Locomotive and Civil War History to see the The "General". This locomotive was involved in the "Great Locomotive Chase" during the Civil War.



Hey...look who we found in Memphis....could it be Elvis?!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I'm glad you got to stop at Mud Island-it is an amazing replica! That was quite a hike to Gulf of Mexico, wasn't it?!

♥Emily♥ said...

Hey Mrs. Stevens,
We took our shoes off and walked the whole way too. That replica was so amazing! Looks like y'all had a fun time. I updated my blog some. Before I didn't really have that much. You should check out how it looks now.
I really like your blog.

Bonnie said...

Kelly, what nice pictures! I am glad you got to make so many interesting stops on the way home. Several years back, Danny took Kitty and Sarah Beth up in the arch -- I did not go. I don't think you are surprised at that information!

Maybe we will get to see the Little House next month in MO. Hope so! Again, glad you all made it back safely and had such a good trip!

Love,
Bonnie F.