Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Very Busy Summer

The Summer of 2015 has been a very busy one for our family. We have had the opportunity to do more traveling than we usually do and have had some wonderful adventures. Back in July we traveled to Ohio with my parents. I was born there and moved to the south at the age of 6. Both of my parents grew up here and we had a great time visiting with friends and family. My parents told us stories of their lives here and took us to their favorite places.
We all hiked the trail to Mt. Pleasant.
Both of my boys are over 6 feet tall. We could not believe that the corn was so tall in July!

 In July, we were blessed to be able to travel to Minnesota to attend the Family Conference. We are so glad we made the trip. These conferences are always an encouragement to all of us,
The event was held on the beautiful campus of the University of Northwestern
After the conference we had a few days to sight see in the area. We drove the magnificent Lake Superior Shoreline. This is somewhere I definitely want to visit again!
We drove as far north as we could go... Canada on the other side of the river!
My sweet husband drove two hours out of the way into Wisconsin so I could see one of Laura's Little Houses!       

 
After our trip to Minnesota we planned on being home for a while. When this arrived in my email inbox, we decided to take a very quick, unexpected trip to Texas to take Andrew to this event! We are so glad we went. Seeing young people so excited about sharing the Gospel gives me hope for the next generation.
You can go to Texas and not go to the Fort Worth Stockyards.
 
These critters are huge!

We visited the George W Bush Presidential Library located on the campus of Southern Methodist University in Dallas. I highly recommend if you are in the area you plan to visit. We learned so much about the character of this man and his family.

No comments: