It is strawberry season here in Florida. This is the time is of year we have an abundance of delicious sweet berries. I found this recipe for Strawberry Lemonade Muffins while flipping through an old issue of Southern Living Magazine. I made a batch this afternoon and they are incredible!
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups self-rising flour ( I used regular unbleached flour and added 4 tsp of baking powder)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine flour and 1 cup sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 2. Stir together sour cream and next 4 ingredients; add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Gently fold strawberries into batter. Spoon batter into lightly greased 12-cup muffin pans, filling three-fourths full. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar over batter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 1 minute; remove from pans to wire rack, and cool 10 minutes.