Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions



I am not a big fan of New Years' Resolutions, but as I look forward to the new year, I have been thinking about who I am and what I need to become. So here is my Top 10 List of things I would like to do...and since I am posting them here for the world to see, I hope to look back at this next year and see just how far I have come.....
1) First of all I desire to really understand what it means to be a Child of God.
2) I desire to understand what it means to be a "true" woman, not what the world says, but what the Lord says about who I should be.
3) I desire to spend more time with "like-minded" friends.
4) I would like to have a more defined "family vision".
5) I plan to move Rob's office out to the sunroom. Work and family must be more separated!!
6) I want to learn how to preserve food by canning and storing. (Anyone out there want to help me with this one?)
7) I would like to be able to help others by being a better steward of what the Lord has blessed me with.
8) I want to learn how to sew....(since my motto has always been "if I can glue it, I can do it!" I really need a lot of help on this one!!)
9) I desire to be more purposeful in instilling Godly principles in my children's lives everyday.
10) I want to slow down. My children are growing up so fast...I don't want to miss a thing!!
Happy New Year to all of my friends and family. May the Lord bless you and keep you in 2010 and always!

3 comments:

The Stricklen Family said...

What a blessing your resolutions were to me! Amen to all of them!!
God bless you, Kelly!

Love,
Molly

The Miller Family said...

"If I can glue it, I can do it."
Hilarious!

I think your set of goals are excellent, and they gave me alot of ideas.

God bless you as you strive to fulfill them.

Love,
Katie

Bonnie said...

Kelly, those are precious resolutions! And posting them for the world to see is a great accountability tool. I will be happy to help you with the canning and sewing all I can. You know, of course, that your "like minded" friends, the Stricklens, are pretty accomplished in those areas? And I know they love spending time with you.

God bless you as you strive to be the woman God has designed you to be -- I know He will do that good work in you!

Love,
Bonnie Frodge