Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Be still and know...

Image result for the same yesterday today and forever

It seems that the whole world has gone crazy! Who knew that a virus called COVID-19 would put the whole world on pause. As I sit here looking outside on this cloudy rainy day in North Carolina, I am thankful for this place. We have plenty to eat and a safe place to be.

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.~ Psalm 46:10

This quiet time at home is an opportunity to "be still and know that he is God." It's a chance to reconnect to our Heavenly Father through prayer and seeking him in his Word. It is a time to get our priorities in order. It is a time to remember that God loves us so much. As I went through my Bible study this morning I was reminded that God's unfailing love is mentioned over 30 times in the Bible, many of them coming through King David and the Psalms.

God's unfailing love is trustworthy (Psalm 13:5)

God's unfailing love surrounds us (Psalm 32:10)

God's unfailing love is our comfort (Psalm 119:76)

For I am the LORD, I change not  ~Malachi 3:6

Not only is God's love unfailing, but it does not change! He is the same yesterday, today and forever! What a comfort in these uncertain times! So as we all stay home and weather this storm, keep in mind that our loving Heavenly Father never changes even if the world and our way of life does...he's always the same! 

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.~ Hebrews 13:8

Shared at
 The Joy in the Journey

No comments: