Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Standing Alone



As a believer, it is likely that you have been challenged to stand alone. You have probably been in a situation that forces you to decide if you will obey God or “follow the crowd.” It is not always easy. It requires courage. Standing alone means you have confidence in the Lord and His Word.

When I became a Christian at the age of 18, I soon found out that not everyone was happy about my new faith in God.  As I studied God’s Word and learned His ways, some of my friends were not exactly pleased with me. The convictions started to come and the cost of following Christ became very real to me. But, now I knew the truth! I was no longer looking for the approval of the World, I was looking for the “Light of the World”!

        Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” 
~ John 8:12

The “world” is watching us and we have the awesome privilege to be on the mission field every single day! It starts in your home, with the people you love and extends to your neighborhood, the workplace, the marketplace, and maybe even in your church!
Here are a few verses I hope will encourage you as you stand alone!

 Deuteronomy 31:6 – Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. 

Isaiah 41:10 – Fear thou not; for I [am] with thee: be not dismayed; for I [am] thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

1 Corinthians 10:13 – There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God [is] faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear [it].

Isaiah 40:31 – But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.

Matthew 11:28 – Come unto me, all [ye] that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Psalms 31:24 – Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Exodus 15:2 – The LORD [is] my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he [is] my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

Matthew 6:33 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.


No comments: