Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Easy Chocolate Granola Bars

 I wanted to share this yummy recipe posted by Gina over at the Home Joys Blog. These are so easy to make and seem to disappear pretty fast around here! I have made several variations of the original recipe and they have all turned out delicious! 

Easy Chocolate Granola Bars

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
    1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
 (I have also made a batch with milk chocolate and a batch with white chocolate)
2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
1 cup flaked coconut
1 cup raisins
 (I omitted the raisins, but I think Craisins would be a great substitute)
1 cup sunflower seeds or other chopped nuts

(I used pecans and almond butter in a white chocolate version)

Heat nut butter, honey, and butter until melted. Stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add other ingredients and mix well. Press into a greased 9x13 pan and cool in fridge for one hour. Cut into squares and return to fridge to continue to harden.

Shared at


No comments: