Saturday, May 21, 2011

No Stones to Throw






I have been pondering this verse a lot lately..


"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." (Romans 2:1)
I wonder if we really understand these words. Sometimes we are often so quick to pass judgement on others. We hold ourselves in such high esteem that we forget that we will be judged as we judge. How many times do we size up someone who looks different than we do or maybe doesn't agree with our viewpoint and pass judgement on them? I know I have done this, and it is wrong!


I am so grateful for the Savior who has died for me! I do not want to take what he has done for granted or grieve him by judging others.
Our best witness to the love and truth of Jesus is the "fruit" of our lives.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.” (Galatians 5:22)
So when I consider this verse...
"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said to them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. (John 8:7)

I realize... I should have no stones to throw!

No comments: