Thursday, October 7, 2010

Divided...Age Segregation and the Church

I have never been a fan of age segregated churches. Even before I had my own children, I felt that the church gave children the impression that the church was for adults only. Every week I watched children get ushered out of the Worship Service to go to "Children's Church". When my own two blessings arrived, I was labeled as the "weird" mom. You know the one whose children did not attend the "programs". Did I really think my children could learn something in an adult church service? Absolutely!

I believe that the church at large is failing our youth. Most youth programs have no discipleship. They have become a social experience with no substance. No wonder so many young adults are leaving the church. What does the Bible say about the way we raise our children? Will the churches ever learn that acting like the world will never reach it?!

Watch this...

Divided from Leclerc Brothers Motion Pictures on Vimeo.

No comments: